This is a fat-soluble vitamin which is a vital one within one’s metabolic wellbeing. An antioxidant it can destroy singlet oxygen and can stop reactions including free radicals, as in a few cases such as:
- It’s role with cardiovascular health as is enabled to inhibit the oxidation of LDL cholesterol.
- It’s role in reducing the risk of cancer as it helps to prevent reactions of free radical cells.
- Its role in eye health in preventing cataracts and macular degeneration, particularly in its assistance with vitamin C in the diet.
- It’s assistance in the lowering of metabolic stress and lipid peroxidation such as iron toxicity, diabetes, metabolic syndrome and non-alcoholic fatty liver.
- By maintaining plasma cell membranes, vitamin E may also enhance cellular glucose uptake and is linked to improved bone health and reduced fracture risks.
- Vitamin E functions as a cell signaling molecule, in this capacity it interacts with cell receptors and transcription factors, thereby affecting signaling cascades as well as gene expression, enzyme activities and protein concentrations.
Vitamin E is also an energy expression in metabolic health as it reflections one’s Emotions, releases one’s Endorphins, one’s Energy, and one’s Engagement, one’s Empathetic heart.
Additionally, the E of vitamin which is essential for optimal wellbeing is that of Elimination, in this case the elimination of:
- Ultra processed foods
- Sugar in all its formats, particularly fizzy drinks.
- Seeds Oils
As with all essential vitamins we are hypotised into believing that we are unable to consume these via natural foods in our daily lives to perform. Those foods which contain high levels of Vitamin E include Wild Salmon, Snails, Rainbow Trout, Octopus, Lobster, Cod, Sunflower seeds, almonds, hazelnuts, avocados.
Key lifestyle ‘drinks’ which shall deplete the uptake of all essential vitamins are those of excessive coffee, high energy drinks and alcohol consumption.
Are you engaging your Vitamin E optimally for your gut health, mental health and Energetic wellbeing?